March 16, 2010

Getting ready for my Exhibition

In order for me to graduate in June with my BFA in photography I am required to have a gallery exhibition of my photographs and participate in the portfolio day.

So here I am six weeks out from my gallery show starting to feel the full court press to get it all done!  Yukari Isa and I are going to have a joint show in May (opening night May 1st) at Art Not Terminal in the SubT room (downstairs).

I suggest checking out the current show by Jenna Johnson who is going to be the first BFA student to graduate from Ais!

Anyways I am preparing three different series for this exhibition.  Two are fine art photography while the 3rd is a mixed media series with a photography base.

I made two portfolio books through Blurb for my two photo series.


A graphic design student helped me with my first attempt to make one of these portfolios.  I bought the 6"x6" book.  You can see the difference between the small first attempt and my new one at 12"x12".

Most photographers love to see their work bigger and I have to admit I am now one of them.  The larger portfolios are great!  I am really impressed with the quality and am happy that by following the clear guidelines that Blurb provided my first attempt was a success!
The two series that got portfolios are "Dream me some meaning" (left) and "Things I forgot to show you"(right).  You can see more images from these series on my photography website under Fine Art and then the series title.

No comments:

Post a Comment