July 10, 2010

Alternative Contests

So I've never really been one to enter photo contests even though I promote them!  Honestly it's just because I didn't think my work would stand a chance.  Much of my work is very abstract and when looking through past winners I see work that is more photojournalistic.  So I've avoided entering contests thus far.  However two major contests have caught my eye

Photography Book Now
Since I created my photobooks through blurb it is really easy for me to enter and one of my old teachers actually suggested I enter it with my "Things I forgot to show you" series.





and
The Center for Fine Art Photography's Low Tech contest

Specimen 5 © Galina Kurlat, Print from Ambrotype

I just started taking images with my Diana that I actually REALLY LIKE!  I'll post them once I scan them in which will hopefully be monday.  I might actually enter this contest twice with the images I worked on in my Alternative Processing class (I will also post these after scanning them in!).


Anyways check these contest out I highly recommend them!

*In other news my posting is limited since I just moved and don't officially get the internet till the 19th :)

No comments:

Post a Comment