May 3, 2010

My First Opening!

One of my BFA graduation requirements is to exhibit my thesis!  So for the last nine months I have been shooting, editing, selecting, printing, matting and mounting my thesis.

So finally on April 30th I got to hang my show at Art/Not Terminal...
We used 63" as our middle height. 

However when it came to hanging the salon style images measuring this out became a little tough!!

Luckily I had my Fiance, best-friend and teacher to help me arrange the images, hang them and set up the lighting.  Even with all this help it took us three hours to hang 25 images!!!




So finally on May 1st from 7-10pm we had our opening.  (By the way "we" is Yukari Isa and I.  We shared the Sub-T room of Art/Not Terminal)

It went great!!! We had a lot of family and friends come through.  I sold a few images which was a great surprise for my first show!
I had my books out for people to look at and see the full series. (Things I Forgot to Show You and Dream Me Some Meaning)

My first red dot!!!!!







Overall it was a GREAT show.  I was super happy with the turn out.  It will hang for the rest of this month so if you haven't gone to see it yet... don't miss your chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment